Seal Hard is committed to protecting your privacy, in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and other applicable privacy legislation. We assure you that we will always handle your personal information securely and carefully.
Information you Provide Us
We collect personal information that you provide directly to us, such as when you make a purchase, register for an account or provide a request for contact. This may include:
- your name;
- your contact details including your email address, delivery address, phone number and social media handles;
- more detailed contact preferences;
- information about your experiences with our products and services;
- financial information including credit card and payment details.
Information we Collect
When you use our website, we may also collect personal information about you in the following general categories:
- location information – if you permit a website to access location services through the permission system in your mobile device, we may collect the precise location of your device.
- usage and preferences – we collect information about how you interact with our Website, including the pages you visit, your preferences and the settings that you choose. We may do this through the use of ‘cookies’ and other similar technologies that uniquely identify you.
- device information – we may collect information about your device such as the hardware model, operating system, preferred language, unique device identifier and mobile network.
- other information – we may also collect and log information such as your IP address, access dates and times, browser type and pages visited when you interact with a website.
How we may use or disclose your
We may use or disclose personal information held about an individual for the primary purpose for which it is collected – that is, to carry on our business and provide services to our customers. We may use such information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of collection and where you would reasonably expect we would use the information in such a way (e.g. delivery companies, mail houses and third-party fulfilment contractors). This information is only disclosed to persons outside our business in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information, or with your permission.
A ‘cookie’ is a small file placed in your web browser that collects information about your web browsing behaviour. Use of ‘cookies’ allows a website to tailor its configuration to your needs and preferences, as well as potentially serve ads to you while you are browsing the Internet. Although ‘cookies’ do not access information stored on your computer or any personal information (e.g. name, address, email address or telephone number), they do allow collection of identifiable information.
Information you provide to us in the form of a contact form includes any information you provide, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
ReCAPTCHA Spam Detection
ReCAPTCHA collects personal information from users to make this determination of whether they’re human and not a bot. So, what personal information does the reCAPTCHA collect?
First, the reCAPTCHA algorithm will check to see if there’s a Google cookie placed on the computer being used.
Then, an additional reCAPTCHA-specific cookie will be added to the user’s browser, and a complete snapshot of the user’s browser window at that moment in time will be captured, pixel by pixel.
Some of the browser and user information collected at this time includes:
- All cookies placed by Google over the last 6 months;
- How many mouse clicks you’ve made on that screen (or touches if on a touch device);
- The CSS information for that page;
- The date;
- The language your browser is set to;
- Any plug-ins you have installed on the browser; and
We use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our website.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
What rights you have over your data
You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an investigation when a law enforcement agency or other government agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect our internet web server logs.
The steps Seal Hard takes to secure the personal information it holds include website protection measures (such as firewalls and anti-virus software), security restrictions on access to computer systems (such as login and password protection) and controlled access to our corporate premises.
The information in this
publication is for general guidance only. It does not constitute legal or other
professional advice and should not be relied on as a statement of the law in
Because it is intended only as a general guide, it may contain generalisations. You should obtain professional advice if you have any specific concern. Seal Hard Australia Pty Ltd has made every reasonable effort to provide current and accurate information, but it does not make any guarantees regarding the accuracy, currency or completeness of that information.